Saturday, April 08, 2006

the last week in lent

Tonight I'm off to the famous Rainbow Hotel (pity about their web site) to hear Rob Luckey and The Lucky Bastards on the recomendation of Amanda F. E. Mule and Denise. [I think you might be able to stream TWANG if you check this arvo]

On Tuesday, yes Tuesday, I'm off to see the only band to be a living history of rock since
The Band. Los Lobos.

Next Tuesday must have a certain alignment of the planets, because if I wasn't off to see Los Lobos I would be off to see
Daniel Lanois at the Atheneum, or Hothouse Flowers at The Corner Hotel,or Keb Mo at the Prince. I see Lanois is doing something at Readings Carlton @ 6 pm Monday - I might pop along.

Thursday I'll probably be along at the
West Papuan Benefit at The Grand Central.

The next week
Eddie Reader is doing gigs with Boo Hewerdine.

Phew!