Wednesday, March 01, 2006

van pines for crystal set

VAN MORRISON has launched a scathing attack on the internet, insisting it is responsible for the dumbing down of society and modern culture.

The GLORIA hitmaker is convinced the worldwide web has caused more problems than it has solved, and insists Earth would be a better place without it.

"Now, because of the internet, everyone's suddenly a big shot. I'm talking about people who think that because they've looked up a website, they know everything.
"You used to have to study things but now you can just find it on the internet, and everybody feels very important because they have access to this stuff.


"It was a different culture when I was young. Quality, respect - they seem to have vanished."

FXH says: I can only agree.


Oh and Amanda I think he means YOU, you young whippersnapper.

Silly old prick. But I love him.