Tuesday, August 24, 2004

ruby ann boxcar

Shes really funny. Clever. She was on ABC radio this afternoon, running rings around the private school girl presenter de jour.

From her website:

"Needless to say, Melbourne can be summed up in one word...BEAUTIFUL. Talk about pretty. And the people were so nice. Actually I'm writin' this here from the beautiful hotel them folks put me and my husband Dew in down in downtown Melbourne.

The only problem I've had to far was a freek accident. You see, it's winter time over here, which I LOVE, so I kind of came down with a little tingle in my throat on the first day I arrived. Well, I just popped a eucalyptus flavored cough drop in my mouth, and before you could say, "He Matilda is your dance card filled," I was attacked by a group of them Koala bears. They was on me like skank on my sister. They all was tryin' to suck that dog gone cough drop out of my mouth. To be honest with y'all, I think that was the first time I'd ever French kissed something that wasn't my husband or a relative. Anyways, I managed to break free and spit that dog gone thing clear across the street, and they got after that thing like my daddy on a wing at KFC after church on Sunday afternoon.

But like I was sayin', these folks down under are some of the most wonderful people you'll ever get to meet outside of a trailer park. But I'll have more of that for y'all next month. For now I got to run. My husband sleep medicine has finally kicked in and I'm feelin' robust. "

So if you're in the Melbourne area come and see me cook up a dish on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, August 27, 28, and 29, around 1 PM at the Malthouse or you can attend my one woman show, The Ruby Ann Boxcar Experience, on Sunday August 29 around 2 PM at the Malthouse. For more information call +61 (0)3 9645 9244